Notice for Maine residents
INSURER DISCLOSURE OF IMPORTANT POLICY PROVISIONS
MAINE POLICYHOLDER NOTICE
As of January 1, 2023
If you notify us within the first thirty (30) days from the effective date that you wish to cancel this policy, and you have not submitted any claim against this policy, we will refund the entire premium. After thirty (30) days, we will return the pro rata premium based upon the date of termination of this policy. You may notify us by calling us toll-free at (866) 467-3875 or by mailing or delivering to us advance written notice of cancellation at [email protected] or to Fetch Pet Insurance, PO Box 1489, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. We will refund the full amount of any premium paid within 30 days after we receive the returned policy. The premium refund will be sent directly to the person who paid it. The policy will be void as if it had never been issued.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT POLICY PROVISIONS
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered. Pre-existing condition means a condition for which any of the following are true prior to the effective date of a pet insurance policy or during the policy waiting period:
A. A veterinarian provided medical advice regarding the condition;
B. The pet received previous treatment for the condition; or
C. Based on information from verifiable sources, the pet had signs or symptoms directly related to the condition for which a claim is being made.
- Other exclusions may apply. Please refer to the exclusions section of the policy for more information.
- Coverage includes an annual limit, per-illness or injury or annual deductible, and co-pay as specified on your declarations page.
- There is a fifteen (15) day waiting period for illnesses and behavioral disorders beginning on the effective date of your policy during which coverage will not be provided.
- There is a fifteen (15) day waiting period for treatment associated with damage or rupture of cruciate ligaments, luxation of the patellas or other soft tissue disorders of the knee where clinical sign(s) occur during the first fifteen (15) days that the policy is in effect. However, coverage will be afforded if your pet is examined by a veterinarian within the first fifteen (15) days after the original inception date of the policy and the medical record specifically notes your pet does not have any pre-existing conditions relating to the knees, subject to the waiting period.
- Costs arising out of or related to any treatment associated with hip dysplasia where clinical signs occur during the first fifteen (15) days that the policy is in effect.
- Claims are reimbursed for any medically necessary treatment your pet has received during the policy period for a covered illness or injury, up to the maximum annual limit and subject to the co-pay and deductible as specified on your declarations page.
- You must take care of your pet and arrange and pay for your pet to have the following:
i. An annual examination by a veterinarian;
ii. An annual dental exam; and
iii. Any treatment normally suggested by a veterinarian to prevent illness or injury.
- If your pet has not been examined by a veterinarian within six (6) months prior to the effective date of the policy, you must arrange to have your pet examined at your own expense within thirty (30) days of the effective date of the policy. Any medical condition(s), clinical sign(s), behavioral disorder(s) or illness(es) observed or recorded during the first exam, and all costs associated therewith, are automatically excluded from coverage.
- Premiums may be increased and coverage may be reduced based on your pet’s individual claim history.
- You must complete and send to us a claim form describing the loss as soon as practicable but no later than ninety (90) days after the date of treatment. This form must list the following information:
i. Your name;
ii. The description of your pet;
iii. Your policy number; and
iv. Description of claimed illness or injury.
- Maine Bureau of Insurance Contact Information:
34 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333
- Fetch, Inc. (Fetch Pet Insurance) Contact Information:
PO Box 1489
Bolingbrook, IL 60440